Friday, October 14, 2005

Why new posts are on hold

Posts have been sporadic this month because October is filled with Jewish holidays, during which I don't work.

Upcoming is Sukkos; which is known to many as the "Feast of Tabernacles". At the end of Sukkos is Simchas Torah, which literally means, "the great happiness of the Torah". We celebrate the finishing of our yearly cycle of reading the Torah aloud in synagogue, and we immediately begin a new cycle.

I normally try to keep this blog impersonal; however, there probably won't be any more posts until October 27th, or shortly thereafter. I felt I owed an explanation to those who like to check this blog on a regular basis--I do feel that is important to "keep the conversation going". It gets very old very quickly looking in on blogs that are not updated on a regular basis.

To those who are "M.O.T.": Chag Sameach!