Monday, February 06, 2006

The pod people multiply

I figure, if you're hip enough to find your way to a blog, you don't need me to explain podcasts to you. So I won't.

Podcasting is starting to become very popular among the big, name-brand acts now, which is an excellent thing, in my cautiously not-so-humble opinion.

The following is a partial list of links to some nice medical and science podcasts, provided by some of the more pre-eminent names in those fields:

Johns Hopkins Medicine
New England Journal of Medicine
National Institutes of Health
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
Science Friday
NewScientist
Science
Nature

All of these podcasts can be downloaded to MP3 format for free -- allowing you to stream the audio; or listen at your leisure from your hard drive or mp3 player; or you can burn them to discs. I know: I really didn't have to tell you that last part (;-D=